Old Town Phuket & Peranakan Food Trail
Long known as the city of beautiful beaches, Phuket is also a top destination for foodies. In December 2011, Phuket Town was honored by UNESCO to join a list of ‘World’s Leading Cities of Gastronomy’. This is why we would like to invite you to discover the secret of Phuket Town and its delicious local menu.
Start the day early by picking you up at your hotel. Then, move to Phuket Town, which has morphed into an artsy, charming cultural neighborhood. Enjoy your morning by tasting famous local Phuket’s style breakfast, Dim Sum and Rice Vermicelli with Southern Thai Curry served with Vegetable Buffet (Yes, it’s Vegetable Buffet for the morning!). Then, try the famous freshly made charcoal-fried Roti served with a locally made curry. After that, it’s time to explore the historic Tha-Lang road, where you will learn and see the charming Peranakan culture, also known as Baba tradition, as well as beautiful Sino-Portuguese architectures. After a cultural walk, try traditional Baba cuisines - Porpie and Moo Hong. We will finish this delicious trip at Khao Rang for a dessert with a beautiful panoramic view of Phuket city before dropping you off at your hotel.
- Eat breakfast like a local and have fun with Vegetable-Buffet with Rice Vermicelli
- Try the best charcoal-fried Roti, which has been served for more than 70 years
- Learn and try the famous Peranakan, aka Baba, food, the recipes that blend together Royal Thai, Hokkien and Malay cookings.
- Explore the charming and artsy Phuket Town
- Visit beautiful Sino-Portuguese buildings and learn about the Peranakan culture
- Enjoy the dessert with beautiful panoramic view of Phuket City
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel
- Transportation by the van during the tour
- 10+ food, fruits, drinks, desserts (enough for big brunch)
- Experienced and friendly fully-licensed local tour guide
- Complimentary basic medical insurance
What's not included?
- Gratuity (Tips) is not included in price
Private Tour Option
This tour is also available as a private option
The itinerary of the Old Town Phuket & Peranakan Food Trail is identical to that of the Join-in one. However, in the private option, it will be more exclusive (just you and the guide) and the tour starting time is more flexible. On this private tour, you can decide your own starting time ranging from 8.00 am – 9.00 am. We can’t start the tour later than 9.00 am as our partner restaurants close at dinner time.
*Note: This price is per person. It also does not include “ Pick up and drop off service”
|Number of guests
|Price Per Person THB
What people say about this tour
Today we did the food tour with Adam in Phuket Town. He was amazing and we highly recommend him as a guide for further tours with your company. The food selection was great and Adam explained all the ingredients and how to make each meal in detail and the history behind the food. He has a huge knowledge of Thai food as well as of the country, the people and the variety of different cultures. Last but not least he was very kind and polite and paid a lot of attention to our safety (for example when we had to cross the street or got out of the car) and he speaks fluently English. It was very easy to understand him. In short, we had a very nice, tasty and interesting day with Adam and learned a lot about Thai Food and Phuket.
Should you (the client) choose to cancel a booking, Phuket Food Tours must be notified by email.
The following cancellation fees apply for Old Town Phuket & Peranakan Food Trail :
- More than 7 days before departure, 10% of your payment
- 2 to 6 days before departure, loss of 50% of your payment
- From 48 hours before the tour starts, loss of all payments made.
- Turning up late to the starting point of the tour for whatever reason is considered a late cancellation and will result in a loss of all payments made.